Saturday, January 29, 2011

My 23rd Birthday!

It has been the most exciting and joyful past few weeks, including putting on offer on our first house and shortly after, celebrating my birthday. We found out very quickly that our offer was accepted and now we are just waiting or the contract to be accepted and the bank loan to get approved. We are going crazy with anticipation, especially me. I'm not very good at waiting. I'm not going to lie though, this couldn't come at a better time nor be a better birthday present!

My birthday celebration started over this past weekend and Joey and I did a lot of fun things!  Friday night we used our free pair of movie tickets that a student's parents gave to me for Christmas. I begged Joey to let us see No Strings Attached with Ashton Kutcher and Natalie Portman. It was absolutely hilarious and heartfelt! I loved it!!! Then on Saturday, I met up with one of my closest friends, Becca, at Cafe Intermezzo for brunch. We both enjoyed yummy coffee and Eggs Benedict! YUM!!!! She's already spoiled me with clothes for Hartley, and for my birthday brought me two more of the cutest outfits for her and a Target gift card. I am going crazy collecting Target gift cards since that's where we are registered for Hartley. It was so wonderful catching up and enjoying a nice meal at one of the cutest little cafes!

Once I got back from brunch, Joey and I decided to go to Home Depot to look at a few things for the house, like paint colors, chandeliers and such. It got both of us sooooo excited for everything we will get to do to make our new house, our home. When we were finished browsing, we decided to go to one of our favorite Italian restaurants,  Caprese. MMMM!!! We had Pizza and Pasta and no doubt, they have the best!!! To end the night, Joey prepared my favorite discontinued cake from Olive Garden called Chocolate Lasagna. I had found the recipe online and he spent hours making it. It tastes like chocolate heaven with cherries on top!


On Sunday, we woke up and had a relaxing morning and then headed to celebrate at my parent's house. My mom and dad got me a delicious cookie cake, just as I had requested. hehe. I had also requested my mom cook her Shells and Cheese Casserole, my favorite, which is absolutely delish! It's basically spaghetti but in the form of a lasagna with layers of shells, meat/sauce, sour cream, and cheese. Oh and Joey also added his homemade garlic bread! MMMMMmmMM!! After lunch I opened presents and enjoyed dessert and more time with the family. It was such a wonderful day!!!!

Monday, my actual birthday, was phenomenal. I expected it to be kind of a downer, considering I had to go to work. Boy was I wrong......little did I know I would be surprised with flowers from both my parents and my amazing hubby, Joey. I felt so special! My best friend Sam, from California even sent me flowers too! All of my bosses and coworkers even signed a card and gave me another Target Gift card, which couldn't have made me happier! One of my closest coworkers/friend Nicole, was so sweet and gave me the prettiest wall decoration for our new house, sour gummies, and a bath and body works gift card! WAHOO!!!  To top everything off, my wonderful brother Matt treated Joey and I to our favorite Mexican restaurant, Fuego's, which was absolutely delightful! After we finished dinner I even talked Joey into letting me go spend my gift card at Bath and Body Works. It was one of the most special birthdays I've ever had and I loved how simple and heartfelt it all was. I have the most wonderful family and friends in the world!!!



1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you had such a wonderful birthday! It was fun being able to celebrate with you! Wish I could have tried some of that lasagna cake :-( I LOVE YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete