Sunday, August 19, 2012

Sunday Funday!

What a fun-filled weekend!!! Friday night we started the weekend off by having my sister, Stephanie and her husband, Michael, over for dinner. We grilled teriyaki chicken with zucchini and rice and boy oh boy, was it delicious!!!! I also made my favorite drink to serve up for company, which is Sangria. It was a great night with siblings and spouses. It was so nice to have some quality time with each other.

Saturday was a fun day too. We had planned to take a picnic lunch to the park, but after I had made and packed our picnic lunch, it started raining. =( We decided to take Hartley to Catch Air instead, which is a play place for kids. She loves it!!! It's so cute to see her explore and be so fascinated by everything. We ended the night with one of my favorite crock pot recipes: Chicken Soft Tacos. It's delicious! All it requires is chicken breasts, 1 packet of taco seasoning (I ran out, so I made my own), and 1 cup of chicken broth. You cook all of this on low for 7-8 hours or until it falls apart. This makes the best chicken for soft tacos! YUM!!!


Today I was so excited when I was browsing online when I came across the Zoo Atlanta page. I was looking at their ticket prices because I have been waiting for Hartley to be old enough and of walking age to really enjoy family outings. I wasn't that surprised by how expensive the tickets were, luckily Hartley would be free, but, I ended up finding quite the surprise at the bottom of the page. I came across a section that said if you are a member of the public library, you can check out the Zoo Atlanta Family Pass DVD and when returning it, receive a receipt that gets your ENTIRE family (of 4) into the zoo for FREE! Yes, FREE!!! I almost fell out of my chair, I was so excited! Before seeing that, I thought $5 off being an early bird was exciting...but wow, a FREE family pass. Now- the tricky part of this exciting deal is actually tracking down the DVD. Since, of course, everyone loves FREE, and those who are public library members know about this, the DVD is ALWAYS checked out and literally never available. Me, being the detailed and precisely planned person that I am, I looked at all the branches to see if it was available and luckily it said one of the two was "in transit." We made sure to get to the library only a few minutes after it opened today and luckily, we got there right as the library truck was unloading. I expected to have to come back a couple of days to try and get it if someone beat me to it, but WOOHOO!!! I got it! So....we are going to take Hartley to the zoo for the first time next weekend and i'm so excited-- not just for her, but me too! lol.
 
Before heading to the library, we also stopped for a quick lunch and then went by the store. We got Hartley a little blow up pool and balls to make her a ball pit, and she absolutely loves it!

The next few weeks are going to be quite busy for us, which is not the norm. We have a birthday celebration and zoo trip next weekend, a beach trip the following weekend, and then a family cookout the last weekend. I love having so much to look forward to.

Until next time......hopefully not in 6 months ;)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for having us over on Friday!! It was wonderful! And thanks for sharing the zoo thing! I didn't know about that!

    ReplyDelete